ASEF Public Health Network
The Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) leaders at the 7th ASEM Summit (2008) stated their determination to combat a possible human influenza pandemic. Reflecting this strong political statement, the Government of Japan expressed its willingness to take the lead on the issue by initiating the “ASEM Initiative for the Rapid Containment of Pandemic Influenza”. This initiative includes a “Network Component” and a “Stockpile Component”.
The ASEF Public Health Network is a participatory platform, it encourages public health dialogue, between actors from health and non-health sectors across Asia and Europe.
- Support bi-regional collaborations on pandemic and infectious diseases
- Promote initiatives on pandemic influenza planning and response
- Generate public awareness on public health issues
Read more on the brochure
Watch the ASEF-ASAP scenarios for pandemic preparedness!
- Workshop on “Strengthening National Risk Communications Capacity for Managing Public Health Emergencies”
From 2010 to 2013, the ASEF Public Health Network implemented the Asia-Europe Foundation - Accurate Scenarios...
- Health of Chinese and Filipino Migrants in Milan: Present Challenges Potential Opportunities
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and Fondazione ISMU, with the support of Milan Municipality,...