culture360.org is a unique online platform that connects the people of Asia and Europe through arts and culture. It is designed to stimulate cultural engagement and enhance mutual understanding between the two regions by providing relevant information through weekly updates on news, events, opportunities and resources. It also features a cultural magazine with in-depth articles, interviews and profiles, and social media tools to enable online networking between individuals, as well as organisations across the ASEM region. Relevant information from the portal is shared through a monthly electronic newsletter.
The culture360.org platform also features a sub-site called film.culture360.org, which focuses on independent cinema in Asia and Europe. Since July 2011, culture360.org also hosts the website of the Asia-Europe Museum network (ASEMUS) at www.asemus.culture360.org.
culture360.org is a portal initiated by the Culture Ministers of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) following several meetings of cultural policy makers and cultural practitioners who identified a need to facilitate information flow and cultural cooperation amongst member countries. It has been managed by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) since 2005. Launched in 2008, the portal is currently in its sixth year and has been recognised as “a concrete deliverable of the ASEM process" in the Chair’s Statement of the 5th ASEM Culture Ministers’ Meeting (September 2012, Yogyakarta, Indonesia).
In 2010, culture360.org was identified as an existing tool for the exchange of information on diversity of cultural expressions by UNESCO, the UN's lead agency for culture, in “Collecting Information, Data, Best Practices: Existing Mechanisms and Tools”.
- To inform cultural practitioners, artists, policy makers, and governments about arts and culture in and between Asia and Europe.
- To create networking opportunities for cultural professionals who are looking to share ideas.
- To facilitate cultural reflection as well as stimulate cultural dialogue and cooperation within the ASEM region.
- Mobility Funding Guides: a compilation of 21 country guides that provides information on funding opportunities for international cultural exchange in Asia.
- Online Community: culture360.org visitors can become members of the culture360.org community and create their own blogs, groups and discussion forums.
- Singapore International Photography Festival: an online photo contest and a forum entitled ‘Perspectives from Asia and Europe’ took place during the 2012 edition of the festival.
- 10 Lessons in Film: a series comprising ten in-depth interviews with some of the world's foremost film personalities was presented during a screening in partnership with the Puttnam School of Film, LASALLE College of the Arts in Singapore.
- Lingua Comica at the Singapore Writers Festival: a set of four comic books from the Lingua Comica series was launched in partnership with the Singapore Writers Festival in November 2012. Two authors were present to share stories about their cross-cultural experience between Asia and Europe.
- ASEF culture360 supports networking and training on cultural mobility in France and Luxembourg
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) through its portal culture360.asef.org will support a series of training...
- culture360 supports the meeting on access and reciprocity in cultural mobility
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) through its portal culture360.asef.org will support the brainstorming...