- Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 06:55
The Asia-Europe Environment Forum (the ENvforum) invites you to answer the call for proposal on Research on Sustainable Development Goals Creation in ASEM Countries.
The objective of the research is to identify existing best practices on sustainable development; and propose the possible options for further creation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and possible Sustainable Development Indicators (SDIs) based on the experiences at the national level.
The specific objectives are:
1) To examine national (in select ASEM countries) strategies for (sustainable) development / green growth and its monitoring and evaluation tools;
2) To propose a set of SDGs and associated indicators based on country realities;
3) To identify implementation challenges at a country level.
The ENVforum sustains a wide network in a wide range connecting of environmental governance and green growth experts working on sustainable development issues, including officials, activists, researchers, academics and industry professionals.
The ENVforum aims to contribute to the agenda of international policy fora such as ASEM in the area of sustainable development and environment, and serves in ASEM countries as an interface between governments and other stakeholders including civil society, industry and research. Past fora included topics such as climate change, energy security and sustainability, chemicals and hazardous waste, urban sustainability, biodiversity and renewable energy.
The ENVforum is a flagship programme of ASEF organised in partnership with leading organisations and institutions:
- the ASEM SMEs Eco-Innovation Center – ASEIC (Korea);
- the Swedish International Development Aid Agency – Sida (Sweden);
- the Hanns Seidel Stiftung – HSF (Germany); and
- the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies – IGES (Japan).
For more information on the objectives, topics and how to apply please refer to the Call for Research Proposals and the Application Form. Deadline: 15 January 2013.
Enquiries and applications should be directed to: Ms Grazyna Pulawska E-mail: grazyna.pulawska[at]asef.org Tel: +65 6874 9738