- To collect and preserve significant museum’s collections.
- To produce and document research work on museum’s collections and exhibitions.
- To organize various theme exhibitions continuously.
- To become a major tourist attraction in the country.
This department is responsible for preserving, conserving and disseminating knowledge about the country’s historical, cultural and natural heritage in order to create awareness among the people of the country’s rich heritage of history, multiracial cultures and natural environment to create a harmonious society with high moral standard and to assist the government in promoting and developing the tourism industry.
- To update and complete existing collections
- To provide a fully equipped repository and conservation laboratory
- To produce authoritative research
- To provide human capital trained in the field of museology
- To hold interesting exhibitions
- To become the leading museum institution
- To study, collect and preserve the country’s historical, cultural and natural heritage
- To manage the museums under the federal administration and to provide expert services and advice to state, government department and private museums
- To document the department’s collections and to publish research findings
- To provide knowledge dissemination services through exhibitions, lectures, workshops, seminars, forums and conferences, and guided tours of galleries
- Collection management
- Knowledge dissemination through exhibitions, lectures, workshops, seminars, forums and conferences, and guided tour of galleries