The Danish Cultural Institute promotes cultural exchanges between Danish and Chinese parties and informs about Denmark. It also supports projects that aim at long-term cooperation between Chinese and Danish cultural institutions, artists and other professionals. The activities of the Institute in China are coordinated through our head office in Copenhagen and branch offices in Belgium, Brazil Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Russia and the United Kingdom – and our global network.
In China, the activities of the Institute are concentrated on
- Assisting Danish artists, professionals and museums in organizing exhibitions with subjects such as fine arts, architecture, education and environmental issues.
- Co-presentation of concerts and stage performances with Danish soloists and ensembles touring China.
- Holding lectures, seminars and workshop in Chinese universities on various aspects of Danish culture.
- Organizing study tours from Denmark on subjects as health and social matters, educational and cultural politics. The study tours are mainly aimed towards professional organizations, governmental, regional and local authorities and associations.
- Carrying-out studies on specific local topics on behalf of Danish partners.
- Assisting Chinese publishing companies and media with information, contacts and material on Denmark and Danish culture.