On 25 November 2021, 3 representatives from the 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS4) delivered the ASEM Youth Declaration at the Opening Ceremony of the 13th ASEM Summit (ASEM13) hosted by the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Presented to Heads of States and Governments from Asia and Europe, this Declaration calls for intergenerational unity and inclusive leadership, and represents the voice of the youth.
The ASEM Youth Declaration was delivered by:
- Mr Pirun CHAN, Cambodia
- Mr Nan HAO, China
- Ms Carolina DE ALBUQUERQUE, Portugal
You can watch the read the Declaration here and watch it below.
The 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS4) is a 10-month long youth leadership programme connected to the 13th ASEM Summit (ASEM13) in November 2021 in Cambodia. The ASEFYLS4 focuses on ‘Sustainable Development in a post-COVID-19 World’ and incorporates 3 spheres for youth leadership: 1) self-leadership (you), 2) team leadership (we) and 3) societal leadership (all).
The 4th edition is a hybrid project with collaborative elements taking place virtually, in Cambodia, as well as across ASEM countries. We address 4 thematic areas:
- SDG3: Good Health & Wellbeing – Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
- SDG4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG8: Decent Work & Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Read more here.