The creation of Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)’s Public Health Network (ASEF PHN) was granted its in-principal approval at the ASEM Senior Officials Meeting in 2008. Since its official launch in 2009, ASEF PHN has been contributing to improve ASEM Partners’ capacity for managing public health emergencies by targeting experts from both health and non-health sectors (governments, international organisations, non-profit organisations, business corporations, academia, and media) across Asia and Europe. The High-level Meeting: Universal Health Coverage as a Tool to Combat Infectious Diseases is a new theme for ASEF PHN to address. This is a 10th anniversary event organised by the ASEF Public Health Network (PHN) with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
ASEF PHN is seeking an independent consultant/consulting company to undertake a role of facilitator for the High-level Meeting.
- Role: Facilitator/s for the meeting, pre-meeting preparation and post-meeting report development
- Event date & location: 30-31 May 2018, Tokyo, Japan
- Time frame: From end-March to end-June 2017
(preparation, implementation and reporting)
The expectations for this role are:
- Collaborate with ASEF in preparation and designing the programme of the meeting by contributing technical expertise, including write-up of simulation scenario if required;
- Facilitate the meeting (ice-breaker, panel and group discussions, simulation exercises, and wrap up);
- Provide assistance for communication strategies including use of social media; and
- Produce a report of the meeting.
Interested parties should send a draft proposal including brief information about the company and methodology to implement the activities (maximum 5 pages, please refer to application from, which includes financial proposal), together with their CV and accompanying cover letter demonstrating suitability. If you form a team of more than 2 people, indicate their role(s).
Applications should be emailed to Ms Riko KIMOTO, Project Executive for ASEF Public Health Network (email@example.com) by Sunday, 25 February 2018, 23:59 (Singapore time). Please direct your inquiries to Riko.
For more details, please see the full text of the Call for Proposals.