The High-Level Meeting on Risk Communications for Public Health Emergencies is the 5th event organised by the Asia-Europe Foundation Public Health Network (ASEF PHN). The network has organised 4 Risk Communication Workshops between 2013 and 2016, targeting experts from both health and non-health sectors (governments, international organisations, business corporations, academia, media and non-profit organisations) across Asia and Europe. Focused on improving ASEM Partners’1 capacity for managing public health emergencies, this 5th event is a “High-Level Meeting” organised by ASEF Public Health Network (PHN) with the Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC).
ASEF PHN is seeking an independent consultant/consulting company to undertake a role of facilitator for the High-Level Meeting on Risk Communication for Public Health Emergencies.
- Role: Facilitator(s) for the meeting, pre-workshop preparation and post workshop report development
- Event date & Location: 14-15 June 2017, Seoul, Korea
- Time Frame: From end-April to end-July 2017 (preparation implementation and reporting)
The expectations for this role are:
- Collaborate with KCDC and ASEF in preparation and designing the programme of the meeting by contributing technical expertise, including write-up of simulation scenario as required;
- Facilitate the workshop (ice-breaker, case studies, panel and group discussions, simulation exercises, and wrap up);
- Provide assistance for communication strategies including use of social media; and
- Produce a report of the meeting.
The meeting is planned to take place on 14-15 June 2017 in Seoul, Korea. The selected facilitator also needs to submit a facilitation plan and refine a tentative programme prior to the High-Level Meeting. Hence, the work will commence end of April 2017. For details of the scope of the meeting, please refer to the annex.
Interested parties should send a draft proposal including brief information about the company and methodology to implement the activities (maximum 5 pages; please refer to application from, which includes financial proposal), together with their CV and accompanying cover letter demonstrating suitability. If you form a team of more than 2 people, indicate their role(s).
Applications should be emailed to Ms Riko KIMOTO, Project Executive for ASEF Public Health Network (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, 16 April 2017, 23h59 (Singapore time). Please direct your inquiries to Riko.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.