The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) witnessed the successful organisation of the visual arts exhibition Focus+Indonesia. The official opening ceremony took place on Saturday 7 June 2014 at the National Museum of Szczecin, in Poland.
More than 80 guests attended the official opening of the exhibition with opening speeches by the Director of the National Museum in Szczecin Mr Lech Karwowski, Mr Piotr Jankowski, President of the Board of the UPSIDE ART Foundation, Mr Frigidanto Agung, Indonesian curator, Mr Kris Lukomski, Polish curator and Ms Sasiwimon Wongjarin, from the Asia-Europe Foundation(ASEF).
The exhibition Focus+Indonesia which will be opened to the public till the end of July consists of 5 parts:
1) Community Work Art. Art-communities in Indonesia”, curated by Agung Frigidanto;
2) Stigma of being Others. Women in Contemporary Indonesian Art”, curated by Lenny Ratnasari Weichert;
3) Focus+Indonesia: Poland”. Presentations by Polish artists that participanted in the residency in Indonesia in 2014, curated by Wojciech Lazarczyk (Upside Art Foundation);
4) Public Art Indonesia: Presentations of contemporary art from Indonesia in dialogue with the public space: video screening, curated by Krzysztof Lukomski (Upside Art Foundation) and Arie Syarifuddin (Jatiwangi Art Factory); and;
5) Traditional Indonesian art from the collection of the National Museum in Szczecin, curated by Ewa Pradzynska (National Museum in Szczecin)