WHAT IS #ASEFSU23?
The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) is aninterdisciplinary Hackathon journey for young Asians & Europeans on “Liveable Cities for a Sustainable Future”.
Taking place between October and November 2021 (2 programme blocks a 2 weeks each), the Summer University connects young hackers, designers, innovators, urban planners and SDG experts from 51 countries to collaborate & develop urban solutions in three of the most populated countries in ASEM: Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
#ASEFSU23 HACKATHON CHALLENGES
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Teams will tackle one of three interdisciplinary urban challenges, linking SDG11 with other socio-economic issues that are part of the UN Agenda2030:
- Bangladesh (SDG11, SDG12 & SDG13): Creating Clean Cities: Tackling Urban Waste Management
- India (SDG3 & SDG11): Creating Healthy Cities: Tackling Obesity among Children
- Pakistan (SDG4, SDG8 and SDG11): Creating Accessible Cities: Enhancing Urban Mobility
More info here: Hackathon Challenges
The most innovative solution for each country challenge will receive an award.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Certification! Receive certification of participation by all partner universities, as well as up to 10 university credits from University College Cork (UCC).
- Sustainable Impact! Play your role towards Sustainable Urbanisation by transforming ideas into concrete impactful solutions in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
- Network! Build up your network of innovators & experts for future partnerships & collaborations.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A Citizen of one of the 51 ASEM Countries
- A Young Professional or Student between 18-30 years
- A creator, designer, innovator, developer, entrepreneur, communicator or more, and feel that your skillset can be used to solve the challenges
- Enthusiastic to work with an interdisciplinary, intercultural team from Asia & Europe
- Keen to learn more about Sustainable Urbanisation in Bangladesh, India & Pakistan
READ MORE HERE:
Deadline: Wednesday, 29 September 2021, 23:59 UTC