The 13th ASEF Journalists Seminar (ASEFJS13) is a 4-day training-oriented event with site visits and social events bringing together young journalists below the age of 35 years from Asia and Europe. ASEFJS13 will be organised as part of ASEF’s 25th (#ASEF25) anniversary and if possible in conjunction with the 15th ASEM Foreign Ministers Meeting (ASEMFMM15).
ASEFJS13 will explore the topic “Best Media Practices in the Digital Age” in 4 modules around challenges common to journalists from Asia and Europe. Young journalists from ASEM countries will be selected through an Open Call process to attend in person the seminar scheduled to be held in Singapore.
Through expert trainers’ presentations, panel discussions, case studies and examples of the latest innovative media tools, participants will enrich their journalistic repertoire with perspectives from Asia and Europe. They will exchange experiences and ideas on current issues and contribute towards thought leadership in the field of journalism.
ASEFJS13 has the following project overall components:
- Learning element: Contribute to the growth and development of journalists in Asia & Europe on the topic of Solutions/Constructive Journalism in the Digital Age
- Exchange element: Promote cooperation between media agencies/associations/institutions from Asia & Europe through sharing experiences and best practices
- ASEM Visibility element: Enhance media awareness of ASEF and the ASEM Process. Expand ASEF’s media outreach and deepening ASEF’s media network
ASEF invites young journalists from traditional and non-traditional media who are interested in an exchange of good practices, information and networking between media professionals and organizations and thematic experts to apply.
To be eligible for the seminar, the applicant must:
- Citizens of the 51 ASEM countries
- Under 35 years of age
- Have a proven track record as journalist
- Individuals with a proficient command of English
Thank you for your interest in ASEFJS13
Registration is closed