The 17th instalment of the Asia-Europe Lecture Tour featured speaker Martin Holland, who spoke on the media’s coverage of the EU as well as public and elite opinions towards the EU across five Asian countries.
– Is there a communication gap between the EU and Asia?
– If so, what is the nature of this gap and how might this be addressed?
– If left unaddressed, what are the potential implications for the EU and EU-Asian dialogue?
– What policy recommendations can be suggested for the media and the EU?
– What might be the wider implications of a concerted EU public diplomacy strategy to raise EU visibility abroad?
Prof. Martin Holland, University of Canterbury, UK