This meeting brought together European film distributors and Asian representatives of independent cinema to discuss issues relating to film distribution and suggest recommendations for improvement.
– How to facilitate the distribution of Asian independent movies in Europe beyond the European Film Festivals
– How to improve distribution channels from commercial Asian movies to more artistic ones
– Create a market for independent cinema and educate audiences in Asia (more film festivals, independent film screenings) and Europe (more Asian film screenings)
– Develop film distribution through such channels as TV and DVD (DVDs represent a big potential market for artistic films)
– Encourage governments and national film commissions to support independent local cinema
– Support Asian filmmakers’ participation in European film festivals
The meeting also saw the launch of the SEA Images website, which hosts information on improving the Asia-Europe film exchange, as well as details on cinemas, funding agencies, and film production and distribution companies in Asia and Europe.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Goteborg Film Festival