The 4th NAEYV promoted the visibility and values of the voluntary service as one of the main non-formal education tools in Asia and Europe. The specific objectives of the conference were to:
- Share the research outcomes of the 9th Asia-Europe Young Volunteers Exchange on the impact of IVS in Asia and Europe
- Map the existing voluntary service schemes and the various legal frameworks on volunteering in Asia and Europe
- Identify stakeholders interested in the establishment and promotion of an Asian Voluntary Service
- Encourage cross-sectoral co-operation between different voluntary service stakeholders
- Develop spin-off initiatives in the field of voluntary service
The NAEYV gathered 35 participants and consisted of two events: a two-day strategic meeting with 18 young representatives from international voluntary service organisations, and a conference with 17 representatives from governments, universities, and other relevant stakeholders.