The AEYLS has been held annually since 1997 at different venues in Asia and Europe. It is a forum for young people who have been selected as leaders in their respective fields to discuss trends and issues in order to suggest innovative ways to strengthen Asia-Europe relations.
The Ho Chi Minh City seminar addressed the following issues:
– ASEM: A critical stocktaking and challenges ahead
– Towards sustainable economic growth in Asia and Europe: New challenges from emerging global realities
– Dialogue on cultures and civilisations: Identifying common values between Asia and Europe. Reconciling the irreconcilable?
– New security challenges: Comparative perspectives from Asia and Europe and prospects for a Euro-Asian response
– The role of civil society and people-to-people exchanges in strengthening Asia-Europe co-operation
Participants also shared views in a workshop setting, and a summary of the outcome and recommendations of the symposium was sent to the ASEM governments and the European Commission.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
The Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs