The ASEF awarded Cultural Grants to facilitate the participation of six European cultural professionals in the Asia-Europe Dialogue:
– Annemie Vanckere (the Netherlands)
– Claire Verlet (France)
– Lois Keidan (UK)
– Mark Depuiter (Portugal)
– Sigrid Gareis (Austria)
– Silke Bake (Germany)
Participants engaged in dynamic discussion with critically and publicly acclaimed Asian artists on the possibilities for an artist-led Asia-Europe Network.
– What is Europe’s fascination with Asia and vice-versa?
– Is there a need for a tangible network to connect the two regions?
– What form will such a network or portal take?
– Who could the major players in such an endeavour be?
– Why have such initiatives never really met the mark in the past?
– How can the proposed network be extensive (if not exhaustive) yet avoid duplication or redundancy of efforts?
– How can such a network be implemented and what will it take to ensure that it is financially sustainable?
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH