WHAT IS #ASEFInnoLabs?
ASEF InnoLabs is an 8-week online learning and networking experience for managers in higher education.The upcoming edition will explore strategies and tools for university managers to enhance the role of their institutions in innovation ecosystems and initiate Asia-Europe collaboration in innovation.
The project aims to:
STIMULATE INNOVATIVE IDEAS
Develop knowledge and skills of higher education managers to come up with innovative and actionable ideas on how to change innovation strategies and practices in their institutions.
BUILD PEER SUPPORT NETWORKS
Create an Asia-Europe platform of practitioners to exchange good practices and promote collaboration in innovation for sustainable development in Asia and Europe.
CONTRIBUTE TO POLICY DIALOGUE
Contribute with content and ideas to the ASEM Education Process, the Bologna Process, and to actions advancing the SDGs.
Phase 1: Virtual learning and networking
- Webinars featuring leading universities and companies in the field of data science and innovation ecosystems
- Readings and online resources to enable participants to develop knowledge in the area
- Facilitated interactive training sessions led by design-thinking experts on the following topics:
Topic 1: Teaching and Entrepreneurship for AI Innovation Ecosystems
Topic 2: Research and Technology Transfer in AI Innovation Ecosystems
Topic 3: National, Regional and International Collaboration in AI Ecosystems
- Networking virtually via different group assignments during the training
- Development of an action plan based on real local case studies, which will be presented at the end of phase 1 and shared with ASEM Education policy makers.
Phase 2: Building a Community of Practice
- The local case studies, action plans and outputs of the lab will be published on ASEF’s & Fudan University’s websites, open for the next generation of “ASEFInnoLabers” to explore and reach out to project owners.
- To facilitate the implementation of joint projects between participants and their organisations, 4 participants will receive seed funding to kick off joint projects with Fudan University. The financial support will enable partner institution visits and coordination meetings to set the project forth and secure further funding from other donors.
Participants will complete the training with a key combination of knowledge, practical solutions and new networks which can advance their work in driving innovation. Participants will walk away with:
- Enhanced understanding of Data and AI Innovation ecosystems
- Skills and knowledge to advance innovation ecosystems at home
- Action plan to get ahead of change
- Professional peer support network in Asia and Europe
Citizens of the 51 ASEM Partner Countries with an excellent command of English, who are:
- Leaders, managers and administrators of higher education institutions in charge of innovation and research
- Senior managers of non-governmental organisations and governmental organisations working with HEIs on digital initiatives
Policy makers (applications will be considered in order to ensure diversity of perspectives at the labs)
WHEN & WHERE
November – December 2020 (tbc), online
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China
Fudan University, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
Association of Pacific-Rim Universities (APRU)
There is no registration or participation fee.
HOW TO APPLY?
Watch out for the Open Call for Applications in September 2020.
Sign up for our mailing list to be among the first ones to be notified when the Open Call is launched.
ASEFInnoLab is accessible to all participants. The organisers do not discriminate any applicant or participant on the basis of his or her race, national origin (ancestry), colour, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, religion (creed), marital status, or age.