This workshop gathered 60 museum scholars and professionals from 20 ASEM member countries to define the agendas of workshops scheduled for 2003 and 2004. The planned workshops covered the following subjects:
– Documentation and photo collections of lost cultural heritage, monuments, and sites
– Scattered collections of Asian minorities
– Exchange of Asian and European techniques for preservation and conservation
– Exhibition tours of Asian perceptions of Europe and vice versa
– Virtual exhibitions of Asian and European collections
A list of pilot projects was compiled as part of the action plan agreed upon at the workshop.