ASEF, in support of ASEM partners in their post-pandemic recovery efforts, is organising two closed-door online expert webinars:
- “How do we build more resilient and connected societies?” on 9 April 2021
- “How do we organise the transition to a green & digital economy?” on 21 May 2021
Webinar #1 (9 April 2021)
How Do We Build More Resilient and Connected Societies?
As part of the Expert Webinar series on post-pandemic socio-economic recovery, ASEF organised a webinar titled “How Do We Build More Resilient and Connected Societies?” to highlight ways forward in dealing with the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic. The focus is on COVID-19 post-pandemic recovery efforts that would have a real and lasting impact for the people of Asia and Europe.
The webinar documents are here:
Kindly note that the webinar is closed-door and by invitation only. Registration details are sent to ASEM Senior Officials, ASEF Governors, and ASEM contact points with a request for them to forward to their relevant ministries.
- Public Health expert – Associate Professor Mr. Piotr CHLEBICKI, Senior Consultant, Department of Infectious Diseases, Singapore General Hospital
- Economy expert – Dr Darmp SUKONTASAP, Vice-Chairman, ASEF Board of Governors and ASEF Governor for Thailand; Chairman, Board of Directors, Vesak Capital Ventures Co. Ltd
- Connectivity expert – Dr Maaike OKANO-HEIJMANS, Senior Research Fellow, Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations
Given the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, this webinar will be an informative one which will include the contributions and initiatives by governments, private sector, international organisations and academics to address social and economic recovery efforts, and will address questions such as:
- How can ASEM countries contribute to global efforts (e.g., COVAX) to ensure the vaccines are available, accessible, and affordable for all and how can they ensure that citizens are able to make timely and informed decisions on COVID-19 vaccines?
- What practical measures can ASEM countries undertake to reorganise global supply chains to ensure sustainable balanced growth of ASEM partners and how can the public and private sectors jointly finance growth, support demand, and promote high skilled jobs in ASEM partners?
- What practical solutions and possible projects can ASEM engage in to better connect citizens including by narrowing the digital divide between developing and developed countries of Asia and Europe?
The webinar will commence at 4.00pm Singapore time. Experts from the government, business, and academia from Asia and Europe would present for ten minutes and address relevant topics, followed by a question-&-answer session with the on-line audience.
More information about the second webinar will follow shortly.
For queries, pls email firstname.lastname@example.org