The seminar was designed to promote Asia-Europe dialogue on sustainable development principles and provide a multi-stakeholder platform for meaningful discourse on localising the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). At the same time, it explored how SDGs can be better integrated into national development strategies and visions.
Besides gathering experts from the host country of Romania, the workshop also gathered representatives from related government organisations, academia, civil society and business enterprises with the aim of developing appropriate dialogue and partnerships between government and active stakeholders.
This seminar consisted of presentations on SDGs to facilitate the exchange of crucial insight from Asia and Europe. Participants benefited from the expertise of regional and international experts, as well as the research conducted by the Asia-Europe Environment Forum (ENVforum) that examines financing options for SDGs.
This seminar was jointly organised by the ENVforum and the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA) in Romania.
The ENVforum has been conducting research on SDGs since 2013. Please check out our publications below!
- Sustainable Development Goals and Indicators for a Small Planet: Methodology and Goal Framework (link)
- Sustainable Development Goals and Indicators for a Small Planet: Measuring Sustainability (link)
- Sustainable Development Goals and Indicators for a Small Planet: Securing Means of Implementation in Viet Nam (link)
- Sustainable Development Goals and Indicators for a Small Planet: Securing Means of Implementation in Poland (link)
- Who Will Pay for the Sustainable Development Goals: Addressing Development Challenges in ASEM Countries (link)