This annual workshop series encourages academic researchers to submit proposals for workshops focusing on issues affecting Asia and Europe. Applicants are encouraged to focus on contemporary topics that look at both regions from a comparative perspective. More important, the workshops should be organised by an Asian partner and a European partner, so as to stimulate cross-cultural dialogue. Every year, six workshops are selected by a steering committee comprising academics from Asia and Europe with relevant specialisations.
For 2005/2006, the six selected workshops were:
– Foreign Direct Investment And Technology Transfer In East Asia
– Locating The Communal In Asian Land Tenure
– Pensioners On The Move
– Water In Mainland Southeast Asia
– Security And Regional Integration
– Voices Of Islam In Europe And Southeast Asia