PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act, this Personal Data Protection Notice sets out how ASEF collects, uses, retains and discloses your personal data.
ASEF recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, retaining, processing, using and the disclosure of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data; but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do collaborate with you or provide services to you.
What is Personal Data
Personal Data is data from which an individual can be identified from the data alone or with other information about the individual. For the purposes of our services, personal data would generally include your full name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality, identity card or passport information, gender, marital status, employment details and income details. For information on the specific personal data that ASEF will require of you, please refer to our Terms of Reference, Project Agreement and/or terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you.
How do we collect Personal Data
ASEF collects personal data in the following manner:
When you participate in our events, subscribe to our services and publications, access our websites and use our online services;
• When you submit document and application forms to register participation of our events or for a job;
• When you submit requests for changes or updates of your existing personal data;
• When you respond to our queries or requests for us to contact you;
• When you interact with our staff, partners, alumni, service providers via phone, email, face to face meetings, networking, interviews, SMS, fax, mail or electronic mail;
• When you receive referrals and collect personal data within ASEF, its associated persons/organisations, partners, service providers and third party service providers;
• When you submit personal data to us to participate in our surveys, event, competition organised by ASEF or its partners;
• When you request a third party to contact and/or make enquiries from ASEF with your personal data;
• When we seek information from third parties about you including but not limited to investigators, health care professionals.
Purposes for which personal data is Collected, Used or Disclosed
ASEF collects, uses and discloses personal data for the following purposes:
• Evaluating your suitability for participation of our events, collaborations in our projects and/or employment;
• Establishing a relationship with ASEF as a partner, alumni, etc.
• Responding to your requests or queries including requests and queries from your authorised representatives and individuals purporting to be you;
• Making changes or updating to your personal particulars;
• Reviewing and/or renewing your contracts;
• Providing ad-hoc or regular information about your relationship with ASEF;
• Assessing, processing, settling, authenticating and investigating claims for reimbursements;
• Verifying your identity and any information you provide to us;
• Promoting our events;
• Participating and administering contests, events and competitions;
• Providing, managing, operating, processing and administering our services to you;
• Archiving, backing up or destroying personal data;
• Compliance, monitoring and audit review;
• Meeting requirements for ASEF’s operations;
• To communicate with you to update you on ASEF’s mission, work or future changes;
• For statistical and surveys;
• For data matching and administrative purposes;
• Meeting requirements imposed by any law, rules, regulations, agreements imposed by the Singapore Government, Project partners, third parties service providers, industry bodies, etc.
• To personalise the appearance of ASEF websites, and increasing the visibility of ASEF;
• Other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and• Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
By interacting with ASEF, submitting information to ASEF, or signing up to participate in any ASEF’s programme/event, you consent to ASEF to use and retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the above purposes. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete, destroy or anonymise your personal data when it is no longer necessary for any of the above purposes.
Who may be provided with your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law and where such disclosure to third parties is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, disclose and transfer your personal data to the following parties, ether located inside or outside of Singapore:
• Administer your claims including insurance claims;
• Administer staff benefits;
• Service vendors & providers appointed by ASEF to manage any of the administrative functions;
• Hospitals, doctors and insurance organisations;
• Other companies that help gather your information to communicate with you such as research companies, alumni, etc.
• Our lawyers and auditors;
• Any law enforcement agency, statutory board, government regulator, government authority, industry bodies so as to comply with any laws, rules, regulations, agreements or schemes;
• Any party to whom you have consented the disclosure of your personal data; and• Any other party as permitted under applicable law.
Consequences of Consent Withdrawal
Individuals may withdraw their consent for ASEF to collect, use or disclose their personal data by giving ASEF reasonable notice, using the “Withdrawal of Consent Form” which is available on request from us.
However, withdrawal of your consent for ASEF to collect, use or disclose your personal data will render ASEF being unable to continue any collaborations, participation in ASEF programmes or might lead to a termination of any contractual relationship with ASEF or a breach of certain contractual undertakings or obligations.
It is the individuals responsibility to provide accurate and up to date personal data in order for ASEF to service you.
To request access, correctlon of your personal data or withdrawal of consent, or for more information of ASEF Personal Data Protection Policy, please write to our Data Protection Officers. Please note that ASEF may charge a reasonable fee for access.