The 2020/21 Sustainable Development Transformation Forum (SDTF 2020/21) will take place virtually from from 22-26 February 2021. SDTF 2020/21 titled “Building Back Better and Greener – Low Carbon, Sustainable Industrialization” will focus on recovery pathways towards a just and sustainable economy, considering in depth how developing countries can seize the opportunities presented by COVID-19 and long-term decarbonization to launch or in some cases accelerate sustainable, low-carbon industrialization.
The thematic areas explored this year are:
- Building Back Better and Greener
- Financing and Investing In Sustainable Infrastructure: Energy and Transport
- Industrial, Technology and Labour Force Development Policies for Sustainable Industrial Development
- Building Local Sustainable, Low-Carbon Materials Industries
- Moving To Zero-Waste, Circular Economies
ASEF will be contributing to the thematic areas on low carbon development and circular economy.
Read more here
SDTF is hosted by the United Nations Office for Sustainable Development (UNOSD). Since 2013, ASEF, via the ENVforum, has been regularly contributing to the SDTF as a knowledge partner, bringing experts on sustainable development and presenting outcomes of ENVforum research on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Climate Change.