Successful applicants will be notified by email by Wednesday, 5 October.
If you have not received an email by this date, unfortunately, your application is not successful at this time.
Strengthening Southeast Asian and Australian engagement is the focus of Borak Art Series in Adelaide this November. In this framework, the Oz Asia Festival and Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) has set-up a mobility fund for Southeast Asian artists and cultural professionals to ensure diverse representation from the region.
About Borak Arts
Since 2013, Borak Arts Series has welcomed over 1,100 delegates from 26 countries, 29 international festival directors and presenters as well as 42 international funding stakeholders.
Borak Arts Series has become a platform that creates opportunities and builds capacity through the congregation of South East Asian and international cultural leaders, artists, presenters, producers, intermediaries, funders, academics and students.
The main objectives of the event are:
- To promote accessibility of information, tools and ideas on how to bring works or discussions forward;
- To encourage cultural mobility and create alliances that would assist in building a robust performing arts ecosystem
- To provide a platform for various panel discussions, networking sessions, one on one meetings with international programmers and workshop sessions
The programme of Borak Art Series 2018 – Adelaide can be found here: https://www.borakarts.com/
Who is eligible to apply?
- Cultural practitioners who are nationals of Southeast Asian countries
- Southeast Asian countries are: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam
What will be covered?
- A maximum cap of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,200 per person
- This will cover: airfare, visa fees, registration fees for Borak Art Series
- This does not cover accommodation
Apply here: asef.live/mobilityfirstborak
Deadline: 28 September 2018