Are you ready to discover your diplomatic vein and fine-tune your skills for negotiation, consensus-building and public speaking?
The 8th Model ASEM is a 4-day youth Conference that will be held in conjunction with the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM13) on 15-20 November 2017 in Yangon and Naypyidaw, Myanmar. Participants have the opportunity to enhance their diplomatic skills while role-playing an ASEM Foreign Minister. The past editions of Model ASEM have brought together hundreds of students, members of ASEM delegations and ministries as well as ASEM academic experts.
Who can apply?
18-30 year old students from ASEM Partner countries
Why should you apply?
- Develop negotiation, diplomacy and consensus-building skills
- Role-play as a Foreign Minister of an ASEM Partner, discussing political, economic and socio-cultural issues
- Get the opportunity to interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Officials
- Enhance your understanding of Asia-Europe collaboration and the ASEM process
- Visit diplomatic missions of other ASEM countries located in Myanmar to gain an in-depth knowledge about the functions of an Embassy or Consulate
What are the costs?
There is no registration or participation fee. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidies, accommodation and meals.
Join us at #ModelASEM8 and unleash the negotiator in you!