On 17 November 2020, we celebrate World Access to Higher Education Day (WAHED)! WAHED will take the form of a global conference series around the topic of ‘Access and Success in the Post Pandemic world’ and will feature a series of six events, each led by an organisation active in promoting equity in higher education within their own continent.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) takes the lead in organising the Asia edition of WAHED titled “Access and Success for Marginalised Groups in Asian Higher Education in a Post Pandemic World” on Tuesday, 17 November 2020, 11.00AM-2PM Singapore time (GMT+8), online. Our event will introduce perspectives from Asia (covering South, Southeast, East Asia) on current (during COVID-19) and emerging (post- COVID 19) challenges related to access and success for marginalised groups in higher education. You can learn more about the event here: https://asef.org/projects/themes/education/5110-WAHED2020_Asia_Conference
We are looking for speakers representing the student/youth sector, who have a strong passion and interest in the topic and would be interested to speak at our event. We are looking for speakers to join either of the sessions below:
- Women Students and Students from Lower Socio-economic, Rural and Refugee Backgrounds in Higher Education in Asia
- Pathways and Opportunities for Non-traditional Students in COVID-19 and Beyond
Share with us your WHY and WHAT you would bring to the table and fill up the form by Friday, 30 October 2020 23:59PM GMT.
You have to meet all the following eligibility criteria to participate in the project:
- Representatives of the student/youth community with real life experience related to the topic
- Strong verbal and written command in English
- Citizens of the 21 ASIAN ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam
If you don’t meet the eligibility criteria to become a speaker, but interested in attending the event, you can register to WAHED 2020 here.
Selection of candidates will be at the discretion of ASEF and the Steering Committee of the project.
Do you need any special assistance to apply and/or participate? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We will do all the reasonable adjustments to accommodate your requirements.
Thank you very much in advance for your interest in our work!
#WAHED2020 #Equity #HigherEducation