WHAT IS #ASEFSU23?
The 23rd ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU23) is a 3-month long interdisciplinary Hackathon journey for young Asians & Europeans on “Liveable Cities for a Sustainable Future”.
Taking place between September and November 2021 (3 programme blocks a 2 weeks each), the Summer University connects young hackers, designers, innovators, urban planners and SDG experts from 51 countries to collaborate & develop urban solutions in three of the most populated countries in ASEM: Bangladesh, India & Pakistan.
#ASEFSU23 HACKATHON CHALLENGES
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Teams will tackle one of three interdisciplinary urban challenges, linking SDG11 with other socio-economic issues that are part of the UN Agenda2030:
- Bangladesh (SDG11, SDG12 & SDG13): Creating Clean Cities: Tackling Urban Waste Management
- India (SDG3 & SDG11): Creating Healthy Cities: Tackling Obesity among Children
- Pakistan (SDG4, SDG8 and SDG11): Creating Accessible Cities: Enhancing Urban Mobility
More info here: Hackathon Challenges
The most innovative solution for each country challenge will receive an award.
#ASEFSU23 HACKATHON TEAM LEADERS
ASEFSU23 Hackathon Team Leaders take on a crucial role throughout ASEFSU23. Following a joint capacity building training on facilitation, virtual collaboration & design-thinking, each Team Leader will guide a team of 6 other ASEFSU23 participants from Asian & European countries through their learning journey and drive the development of a digital solution for one of the interdisciplinary Hackathon challenges.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Leadership! Show & train your Team Leadership skills in this intercultural, virtual context.
- Sustainable Impact! Play your role towards Sustainable Urbanisation by transforming ideas into concrete impactful solutions in your country.
- Network! Build up your network of innovators & experts for future partnerships & collaborations.
- Certification! Receive certification of participation by all partner universities, as well as microcredits from University College Cork (UCC).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A Citizen of either Bangladesh, India or Pakistan
- A Young Professional or Student between 18-30 years
- A creator, designer, innovator, developer or entrepreneur versatile in digital solutions
- Experienced in Hackathons, Innovathons or other human-centred design-related events, either as participant, resource person or organiser
- Confident in guiding intercultural teams virtually
READ MORE HERE:
Deadline: Monday, 6 September 2021, 23:59 UTC