The 7th Model ASEM is a 3-day youth conference held in conjunction with the 11th ASEM Summit (ASEM11) on 6-10 July 2016 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Participants have the opportunity to explore their diplomatic skills while role-playing a Head of State or Government at the conference. The past editions of Model ASEM have brought together hundreds of students, members of ASEM delegations and ministries as well as ASEM academic experts from the 53 ASEM partners.
Why should you apply?
- Gain and develop skills in the fields of negotiation, diplomacy and consensus-building
- Play the role of a Head of State or Government of an ASEM country and discuss political, economic and socio-cultural issues
- Meet leaders from governments, academia and international organisations
- Enhance your understanding of Asia-Europe collaboration and the ASEM process
- Visit diplomatic missions of other ASEM countries located in Ulaanbaatar to gain an in-depth knowledge about the functions of an Embassy or Consulate