The 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit focuses on ‘Sustainable Development in a post-COVID-19 World’ and incorporates 3 spheres for youth leadership: 1) self-leadership (you), 2) team leadership (we) and 3) societal leadership (all). To demonstrate the youth’s role in driving Sustainable Development, the programme encourages participants to collaborate & volunteer on meaningful community projects with an Asia-Europe twist. Based on the four ASEFYLS4 focus areas (SDG3, SDG4, SDG8 and SDG13), participants are allocated to specific working groups and work on “Leadership in Action” activities. In total, the ASEFYLS4 facilitates 15 community projects, each led by 1 ASEFYLS4 Navigator and supported by up to 10 participants from different Asian & European countries.
The project “The Adjustment Manual: Work from Home Edition” helps work from home individuals learn the essential skills and techniques to adapt better to new demands in the current scenario and to mitigate a potential negative impact on their mental health.
The project will work on two areas:
1) Designing and executing a series of skill-building workshops for resilience; and
2) Collating mental health policies from diverse institutions across ASEM to identify good practices and to develop recommendations.
You can read more about the project in the Brief here.
As part of the Wellbeing Workshop Series we are looking for trainers who can develop and conduct individual sessions on skills & mindsets to help young people navigate the WFH experience.
These activity and simulation-based sessions would cover 3 main themes:
- On-Time: Communication over an Online Medium
- Off-Time: How to Stay Connected Online
- Self-Time: Mental Wellness
Each trainer would conduct 2 sessions on one of the above themes.
The target audience for the workshop series are young people working as human resource professionals, students of management & other related areas and, leaders of NGOs and youth organisations.
Read about the initial premise for the Workshops here.
The trainer would:
- Prepare for and deliver 2 workshops:
- 2 hours each
- on 1 of the 3 themes above
- for up to 30 participants from different cultures across Asia & Europe (same group both workshops)
- aiming to teach both practical tools and theoretical mindsets
- Provide learning material on the topics for before and after the workshop
An honorarium of up to SGD 800 per trainer will be provided.
Deadline: Wednesday, 7 July 2021, 23:59UTC