The first edition of the ASEF Higher Education Innovation Laboratory (ASEFInnoLab1) concluded on 13 May 2021. It was an 8-week long online journey that explored the “Universities’ Role in Artificial Intelligence Innovation Ecosystems”. You can read the report on the outcomes of ASEFInnoLab here.
During the 8-week learning journey, the experts discussed strategies that enhanced the role of their institution in the development of artificial intelligence innovation ecosystems, in particular, in line with the following two topics:
- Teaching and Entrepreneurship for AI Innovation Ecosystems
- Research and Technology Transfer in AI Innovation Ecosystems
“Thanks to the variety of insights from mentors and presenters, I believe, I have strengthened my faculty development strategy, added an action plan, and I have received proper keywords and tools to gain unnecessary support from the management.” – Quote from an ASEFInnoLab participant
The Lab featured 17 guest speakers, who are all leading experts and academics from Asia and Europe. For now, we have permission to make 11 of their presentations available, and working on expanding this list further.
The recorded lectures are for your viewing are:
- Artificial Intelligence and Education: The Three Buckets
Dr Wayne HOLMES, Lecturer on Learning Sciences and Innovation, Institute of Education, University College London; UNESCO Consultant on AI and Education
- University in AI Innovation Ecosystem – an Asian Perspective
Dr Pascale FUNG, Professor, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Director of the HKUST Centre for AI Research (CAiRE)
- Bridging Universities to the Innovation Needs of Industry
Mr Arno MEERMAN, CEO & Founder, University Industry Innovation Network
- University’s Role in Innovation Ecosystems in Europe
Mr Thomas JØRGENSEN, Senior Policy Coordinator, European University Association, European Union
- An Asian Perspective on the Governance of Data Economy
Prof Jiro KUKORYO, Vice-President of Keio University, Japan
- Can Entrepreneurship be Taught?
Dr Rajiv Vaid BASAIAWMOIT, Head of Sci-Tech Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Case Study & Good Practices from a European Perspective
Dr Joana RESENDE, Pro-Rector, Strategic Planning, Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Transfer, CEO of UPTEC – Science and Technology Park of University of Porto, Portugal
- How Incubators in Asia Support the Nascent AI Sector?
Dr Alex LIN, Interim CEO, NTUIntuitive, Innovation and Enterprise Company of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Bridging the AI Skills Gap in Europe: Academic Perspective
Dr. Aleksandra PRZEGALIŃSKA-SKIERKOWSKA, Pro-Rector of Kozminski University, Poland; Harvard Senior Research Fellow
- Technology Transfer in AI Innovation Ecosystems: Case Study on Working with Cyber Security Industry
Dr Shen YI, Director of International Institution of Global Cyberspace Governance, Director of Center for BRICS Studies, Fudan University, China
You can view the YouTube playlist of the recorded lectures of the experts here.