The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is now inviting proposals from arts organisations to partner with us on our event-series ASEF Unplugged-Conversations on the Arts in Asia and Europe, which aims to facilitate more open and engaging conversations on topics of local or bi-regional interest
In its first year, ASEF Unplugged has travelled to 11 countries, engaged 44 subject matter experts as speakers and partnered with 33 organisations to organise 22 events attended by over 1,000 artists, cultural professionals, government representatives, students and academics. In delivering these outcomes and most importantly, in fostering meaningful conversations among audiences in Asia & Europe, partnerships are at the core of ASEF Unplugged.
In 2020, we look forward to working with more partners to bring ASEF Unplugged to wider audiences and facilitate conversations on topics & issues they care about.
ASEF Unplugged is an event series which aims to provide more spaces for open and authentic peer-to-peer conversations on arts, culture and heritage. Inspired by the tradition of ‘unplugged’ music concerts (which are performed with acoustic rather than electrically amplified instruments), ASEF Unplugged conversations create an informal atmosphere that allow for an open exchange of ideas among cultural professionals from Asia and Europe.
ASEF Unplugged was developed in response to the new needs of audiences to be actively engaged in conversations, beyond being mere passive receivers of information. To this end, ASEF Unplugged takes on various formats – as a standalone event, either public or closed-door; as part of a festival or conference; as an information booth, Pecha Kucha, panel, and many others! – to provide a platform for meaningful exchange between participants and audiences.
All events taking place in ASEM member countries are welcome. Preference will be given to countries where an ASEF Unplugged event has not been held before. Kindly refer to this list for locations of previous events.
This open call is for events taking place from January to December 2020
- Not-for-profit arts organisations
- Arts & cultural networks or collectives
- Public cultural institutions or agencies (e.g. Arts Councils, Ministries of Culture)
- Private enterprises interested in arts & culture
- Engage cultural experts as speakers
- Provide visibility through ASEF and culture360.ASEF.org websites and social media channels
- Publish special reports or articles on culture360.ASEF.org
- Provide event collaterals (online and offline)
- Publish photos & video highlights
- Cover small reception costs
- Provide venue & facilities
- Gather local audience and manage registrations
- Distribute & collect feedback forms
- Co-ordinate ground logistics and with local vendors
- Shoulder translation costs (if required)
- Suggest a topic relevant to the local audience
- Co-curate concept and structure of the conversation
- Co-implement a communication plan across various channels including social media
Proposals must be submitted before 31 October 2019
Note: Kindly download and read the ASEF Unplugged How to Partner with Us guidelines before submitting a proposal
We will get in touch with you via email before 30 November 2019
For more queries, kindly drop an email to: email@example.com