Call for Training Proposals
Training Design & Delivery on the Topic of Human Rights & Poverty Reduction
About the ASEMHRS Training
The ASEMHRS training is part of the Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights Series (ASEMHRS) which aims to promote greater cooperation and better understanding of human rights issues in Asia and Europe.
In 2023, the human rights training will be focused on “Human Rights and Poverty Reduction” which is the theme of the 22nd Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights taking place later this year. The objectives of the training are to increase participants’ knowledge of the interlinks between human rights and poverty and how human rights norms and obligations can provide an effective framework for poverty reduction planning, policy, and practice efforts at the national, regional, and international levels.
Call for Proposals
ASEF is seeking a training organisation to design and deliver learner-centred training on the above topic with a view to:
- Build capacity and technical knowledge in support of relevant stakeholders’ efforts to strengthen the integration of a human rights-based approach in the national poverty reductions strategies and action in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’s central commitment to ‘Leave No One Behind’.
- Provide practical, participatory, and interactive learning about the methodologies and approaches to addressing poverty through human rights framework and people-centered development
- Take stock of the progress of human rights-based poverty reduction strategies as case studies and identify best practices which to refer to when preparing or implementing poverty eradication programmes.
The training organisation may explore any of the following subtopics:
- Integration of Human Rights in Poverty Reduction Strategy and Measurement
- Poverty Reduction and Those in the Most Vulnerable Situations
- Social Protection: A Human Right and Sustainable Development Goal
- From Local to Global: Multistakeholder Partnerships for the Advancement of Human Rights in Poverty Reduction
or propose others in line with the Concept note of the 22nd Informal ASEM Seminar on Human Rights or the United Nations Agenda 2023 for Sustainable Development.
Interested organisations and experts are invited to submit proposals through this link by 18 June 2023.
Selection of the proposal
Submissions will be evaluated based on the quality of proposals, relevance to the overall theme, Asia-Europe relevance, expertise of the training team and willingness to produce the desired output. The selected training organisation/ team will be notified by the end of June 2023.
Please refer to ASEMHRS22 Training Leaflet for more information and training organisation requirements.