Established in 2013, the Asia-Europe Public Diplomacy Training Initiative is a joint collaboration between the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), the DiploFoundation of Switzerland, and the National Centre for Research on Europe (NCRE) of New Zealand. It is supported by the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland.
The Initiative aims at improving the relations between Asia and Europe by enhancing public diplomacy efforts among the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partners. It provides practical skills-oriented training with toolkits and training modules designed by public diplomacy experts and practitioners as well as senior diplomats with the support of Asian and European diplomatic academies.
The training targets:
- Junior level or early career diplomats in departments dealing with Asia, Europe, or ASEM in the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or equivalent of the ASEM Partners;
- Diplomats posted by ASEM Partners to ASEM countries who work on public diplomacy, public affairs, communications or media engagement;
- Representatives from government agencies (culture, tourism, trade and investment, etc.).
Activities in 2017
In 2017, the Asia-Europe Public Diplomacy Training initiative organised the following activities:
- 5th Online Course (3 July–8 September 2017)
- 5th Face-to-face Training (9-13 October 2017)
For more information about the 5th Face-to-face Training click here.