The Open Call for Applications has been closed.
The Capacity Building Workshop on Advancing Inclusion in International Higher Education will bring together participants from the 10 ASEAN countries to design actions on advancing and embedding inclusion in the international activities of the universities. Each session offers the opportunity to learn from both leading experts and peers in a collaborative format.
This capacity-building workshop is co-organised by the European Union Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) Programme and the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF).
Capacity Building Workshop At-A-Glance:
- For whom? Designed for university managers, international relations officers and academics who spearhead internationalisation initiatives in ASEAN higher education institutions.
- What is this about? Exchanging ideas and developing a concrete action plan to embed inclusion in the international activities of ASEAN Universities.
- When is this happening? This is a 5-week long collaborative online learning journey, running between 15 November to 17 December 2021.
Join the international cohort of 30 participants from ASEAN countries.
What do participants get out of the workshop series?
Participants will complete the programme with a key combination of knowledge, practical solutions and new networks which can advance their work in driving inclusion at their institutions. Participants will walk away with:
- Increased knowledge and fresh insights
The project will help participants to understand the added value of inclusion in higher education internationalisation; expand knowledge on different strategies related to advancing equity and learn about good practices in from universities in Asia and Europe.
- Personal network in Asia and Europe
The workshop will provide diverse opportunities for interaction and cooperation for 30 participants from different countries across ASEAN. Therefore, we fully expect new partnerships to emerge and a sustainable Community of Practice.
- Tailored action plan to get ahead of change
Participants will develop their own action plans, addressing the needs of their specific institutions regarding inclusion in internationalisation.
- Certificate of Completion
A certificate will be awarded upon active participation in all five sessions and for submission of the final action plan. Qualifying for the Certificate of Completion is contingent on the submission of the aforementioned action plan.
What will be discussed during this 5-week long workshop series?
The workshop series will focus on improving inclusion in international activities at universities. University managers, international officers and academics are invited to apply in case they do work in any of the following dimensions, and want to further improve inclusivity of their:
- physical mobility or virtual exchange programmes
- quality assurance, recognition of qualifications, credits and credentials systems
- digital transformation of internationalisation activities
- internationalisation support services
- programme structure, curriculum development in international education
The workshop will help participants come up with tailored action plans to address their inclusion challenges.
To learn more about the topic of the workshop series read the Overview.
Who Should Apply?
This Workshop series is designed for university managers, international officers and academics who spearhead internationalisation initiatives in their institutions.
We envision about 30 participants from ASEAN countries who meet the following criteria joining the project:
- Managers, international officers or academics in tertiary higher education institutions in charge of internationalisation initiatives
- Working at an ASEAN based university
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal)
Selection Process: The Open Call for Application closes on Sunday, 7 November 2021. When assessing the applications, co-organisers will look for applicants who meet the above criteria, express strong motivation, and are committed to transform the knowledge and skills gained during the workshops into action. A non-discriminatory screening process, balanced geographic representation, gender balance, and equal opportunity for all is assured.
How does the Programme look like and what kind of time commitment does it need?
Participants need to allocate approximately 3 hours a week to participate in synchronous and asynchronous learning and exchange activities to develop a bespoke action plan. The facilitated live online sessions will take place on each Tuesday, between 7.00-9.00 AM UCT (Time Converter). The action plan will be presented during the last session and will be published online.
The live sessions will focus on the following topics to develop a bespoke Action Plan:
Week 1 | Target Group and Value Proposition
Week 2 | Activities and Resources
Week 3 | Stakeholders
Week 4 | Measuring Outcomes and Impact
Week 5 | Summary and presentation of action plans
To learn more about the read the Draft Programme Here.
What are the Fees Involved?
ASEF is a Not-For-Profit Organisation. No fee is collected for the submission of an application nor for the programme itself.
Interested in the Programme?
Lear more by checking the documents below.
Should you have any further questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org