The ASEF Public Health Network together with the Ministry of Health of Cambodia will host the Asia-Europe Virtual Forum on Combatting Substandard and Falsified Medicines, on 29-30 September 2020. The forum will take place virtually due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
[The forum will be held from 15:00-18:00 (UTC+7) on both days.]
The main objectives of the forum are to:
- Raise awareness on the dangers that SFMs pose to public health and even beyond the health sector, such as causing economic burdens on the country
- Discuss the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic on SFMs, and develop recommendations to overcome related challenges
- Share the commitment of ASEAN through the Joint Statement of the 14th ASEAN Health Ministers’ Meeting to address SFMs
- Encourage dialogue between Asia and Europe among the stakeholders from diverse sectors for policy implementation and law enforcement on SFMs
- Agree on priorities for multisectoral and/or international cooperation between Asia and Europe on combatting SFMs
The key recommendations will be elevated to ASEM13, which will be held in Cambodia.