The Asia-Europe Environment Forum (ENVForum) Workshop Series on Circular Plastic Use: Innovate & Change to Close the Loop offers participants the opportunity to design and implement innovative solutions in the field of circular plastic use and waste management.
Planned for June 2021, the virtual event is designed for innovators to work on localised, scalable and cost-efficient solutions to address environmental challenges related to plastics, the attainment of SDG 12, “Ensuring Sustainable Consumption and Production,” and transitioning from a linear to a circular economy.
The workshop series is completely free and open to all ASEM Citizens to apply. To ensure the best collaborative experience for all, it will be limited to ~50 participants.
Open Call for Participants is now OPEN!
**The call is open till 20 May 2021. Shortlisted participants will be informed by 25 May 2021**
The programme will focus on Plastic Waste and the 3Rs – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – applying the Design Thinking Methodology.
50 changemakers, individuals and professionals from ASEM countries who are interested in making a difference and shape their working environment coming from civil society, private and government sector
Key Benefits for Participants
- Participants will have an opportunity to directly engage with regional and international experts working in the field of plastics, waste management, circular economy, among others, who are tackling current plastics and sustainability challenges in both Asia and Europe;
- Access resources and practical case studies on circular plastic use practices;
- Collaborate and exchange with other like-minded solution players;
- Strengthen connections and networking opportunities with other changemakers;
- A publication showcasing participants’ ideas developed during the project
For more information, please refer to the concept note. If you have any enquiries, please drop an email to env[at]asef.org